The included duck meat is suitable for human consumption and is composed primarily of lean muscle meat. Duck meat is nutritious and rarely causes food allergies or intolerances. It also provides top-quality proteins and natural minerals, and has a delicious taste that cats love. Antarctic krill is an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, EPA and DHA, containing around twice as much as salmon oil. It is also rich in important vitamins, trace elements and various antioxidants, which offer an enormous potential for cell protection.
The added malt in Leonardo Adult Sensitive contains valuable natural enzymes and has an extra delicious taste. Antioxidants are essential to protect the cells from free radicals, which can cause premature ageing, chronic illness and degenerative changes. Grape seed meal has been proven as the food with the highest antioxidant potential, owing to the fact that it contains a high quantity of natural polyphenols. It can also have a positive effect on your cat’s heart, circulation and general vitality. Whole grape seeds are gently cold-pressed during the production of Leonardo Adult Sensitive dry cat food.
Functional ingredients, such as dried carob bean and chicory, provide your cat with important prebiotics, which can support healthy bacteria and help to prevent the spread of pathological bacteria in the intestines, promoting a balanced gut flora. Linseed has a 40% fat content made up of 90% unsaturated fatty acids, including over 50% omega-3 fatty acids, while brewer’s yeast contains high levels of natural B vitamins, amino acids, trace elements and minerals that can promote the development of your cat’s immune system. These vital nutrients can also have a positive effect on your cat’s skin and coat, as well as on its general wellbeing.
The special STAY-Clean active agent can help to prevent dental health problems. This highly concentrated active ingredient is based on vitamin C and has been proven able to impair the growth of plaque-causing bacteria. It can also help to reduce the build-up of dental plaque and tartar. STAY-Clean is applied to the surface of the kibble so that it can have an immediate antibacterial effect. Chewing the kibble also supports the mechanical cleaning of your cat’s teeth.
Leonardo Adult Sensitive Duck & Rice at a glance:
- Ideal for sensitive adult cats.
- Made in Germany.
- High-quality duck and poultry meat: Well-accepted, extra tasty and low in ash. Suitable for human consumption and containing a high proportion of lean muscle meat. Low allergenic potential. Source of valuable protein and natural minerals.
- Antarctic krill: Small crustaceans with a natural fat content of 18%. Twice as rich in omega-3 fatty acids, EPA and DHA as salmon oil. With various antioxidants, which work together to offer an enormous potential for cell protection. High astaxanthin content to protect cells in the eyes and brain from free radicals.
- Processed carbohydrates: Easy for cats to digest. Wholesome rice and potatoes have a very low allergenic potential.
- Rich in taurine: Supports your cat’s eyesight and heart function.
- Malt: Easy to digest and contains important natural enzymes. Especially appealing taste for cats.
- Grape seed meal: High natural polyphenol content, making it the food with the highest antioxidant potential. Protects cells from free radicals and has a positive effect on the heart, circulation and general vitality.
- Carob: Contains natural tannin and mucilages to support digestion. Also has a prebiotic effect.
- Chicory: Source of prebiotic inulin, which supports healthy bacteria and helps to prevent the spread of pathological bacteria in the intestines, promoting a balanced gut flora.
- Linseed: 40% fat content, made up of 90% unsaturated fatty acids, including over 50% omega-3 fatty acids. Can have an anti-inflammatory effect, helping to relieve allergies. Contains natural mucilages that can have a positive effect on your cat’s digestion.
- Brewer’s yeast: Source of high-quality proteins and vital nutrients, such as natural B vitamins, amino acids, trace elements and minerals. Can have a positive effect on your cat’s skin, coat, immune system and general vitality.
- Healthy skin and a glossy coat: Thanks to the omega-3 fatty acids in linseed and fish, combined with the benefits of brewer’s yeast, lecithin and linoleic acid.
- STAY-Clean: Highly concentrated active agent based on vitamin C. Proven able to impair the growth of plaque-causing bacteria, as well as to reduce the build-up of dental plaque and tartar. Applied to the surface of the kibble using a special production process so that it can have an immediate antibacterial effect. Chewing the kibble also supports the mechanical cleaning of your cat’s teeth.
- Gentle Hairball Transit: Can make it easier to swallow hairballs.
Low-ash poultry meat meal (30%, with 20% duck), rice (25%), poultry fat, malted rye (4%), potato starch, ground ocean zooplankton (krill 2.5%), dried egg, brewer’s yeast, hydrolysed poultry liver, herring meal, grape seed expeller (1.5%), dried carob bean, linseed (1.1%), guar gum, sodium chloride, chicory inulin.Additives (per kg):Nutritional additives:Vitamin A (15000 IU), vitamin D3 (1500 IU), vitamin E (150mg), vitamin C [as ascorbyl monophosphate, sodium salt] (245mg), taurine (1400mg), copper [as copper(II) sulphate, pentahydrate] (15mg), iron [as iron(II) sulphate] (200mg), iron [as iron(III) oxide] (385mg), manganese [as manganese(II) oxide] (50mg), zinc [as zinc oxide] (150mg), iodide [as calcium iodide] (2.5mg), selenium [as sodium selenite] (0.15mg).Technological Additives:Lecithin (2000mg), tocopherol-rich extracts of natural origin [= natural vitamin E] (80mg).